10 raisons de vouloir vivre en Pennsylvanie
Cette semaine, nous partons à la découverte de la Pennsylvanie !
Pilar, une Au Pair d'Argentine nous a recommandé cet Etat : "I love Pennsylvania because, although the place I live in is really small, it fills me with peace. Going out and seeing the trees, the hills is really beautiful, but I'm also close to bigger cities like DC or Philly, or even NYC where I can find the fun and the amount of people I'm used to from my home country.”
Nous avons donc demandé à nos Au Pairs sur place de partager avec nous ce qu'ils préferaient ! Voici le top 10 des raisons pour lesquelles ils aiment vivre en Pennsylvanie :
- There are so many sites to see such as Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, the Reading Terminal Market, and climbing the famous "Rocky steps" at the Philadelphia Museum of Art just to name a few.
- I live only a little over an hour drive to Atlantic City, only 2 hours to New York City and no more than 3 hours to Washington DC. So I can spend a lovely weekend at the beach or have a fun day trip to The Big Apple, and not even have to travel far!
- Love Park is just one of the good spots to enjoy a free afternoon, and around Christmas this is the place where the German Christmas Market takes place.
- During the summer you can enjoy "Screening Under the Stars" at Penn's Landing—it's a free movie series usually in July and August.
- In the suburbs of Philadelphia where I live, the neighborhoods are filled with big old houses—I live in a gorgeous 4-story house that is more than 100 years old!
- I am at walking distance of a nice little square with shops and a train line that takes me straight to downtown Philadelphia in just 15 minutes.
- They have the most amazing food, and of course the Philly Cheesesteaks and Pretzels are the most delicious thing ever.
- If you like shopping, then Pennsylvania is also the home of Americas second biggest mall, King of Prussia Mall! It's HUGE and amazing!
- I really like all of the old style buildings in Pennsylvania. It feels like something that is straight out of a movie.
- I love the seasons here, because you really have all four seasons.
Découvrez la Pennsylvanie en photos sur notre album Facebook!